Guide to citation and writing for music research papers.
Last Updated: Apr 19, 2016
- APA Documentation Style for Print Source & Electronic Sources
(University of Wisconsin-Madison Writing Center) Guide to writing in APA (American Psychological Association) style.
- Chicago Manual of Style Online
Online version of the Chicago Manual of Style.
- The Elements of Style
William Strunk Jr.'s guide to writing.
- A Handbook for Preparing Graduate Papers in Music
(J. David Boyle, Richard K. Fiese, Nancy Zavac)
- A Manual for Writers of Research Papers, Theses and Dissertations
The "Chicago-Lite" guide to writing research papers, by Kate Turabian.
- Turabian Tutorial (University of Southern Mississippi Libraries)
A brief tutorial about using the "Chicago-Lite" style of Kate Turabian's book.
- MLA Style
(Online Writing Lab, Purdue University) Guide to writing in the MLA (Modern Languages Association) style.
- Notes Style Sheet
Style guide for Notes, the journal of the Music Library Association.
- A Short Guide to Writing About Music
Jonathan Bellman's guide to researching and writing papers about music.
- Other Style Guides and Tools
Resources compiled by UM Libraries' staff.